The Timesheet Manager app allows users to record their time spent completing activities across the different categories of work they undertake. Users are able to manage their own timesheets and those of other users they manage.
- View your timesheet, by day, week, and month.
- List and chart
- Manage time entries
- View timesheets for co-workers you have visibility of
- Daily, weekly, and monthly views
- List and chart options
- View timesheets for teams you have visibility of
- Daily, weekly, and monthly views
- List and chart options
Time can be recorded into Timesheet Manager from both the right hand panel and through a series of plugins to the line of business applications on the Hornbill platform.
Right Hand Panel
When adding time in Hornbill Timesheet Manager, this will be done on most occasions using the Right Hand Panel
- The Cog icon at the top of the right hand panel allows you to configure two options.
- Clear fields after new value entered
- Having this enabled will automatically clear all the fields when adding a new timesheet entry
- Full day time
- Set the duration of your normal work day. This allows you to quickly add full or half day entries when you are setting your time for a new entry
- Select one of the available categories to set against a new time entry. This is a mandatory field that needs to be set before continuing
- Sub Category
- Select a sub category. This is an optional field
- Add some notes to provide a more detailed description of your entry
- Time Entry
- Add your hours and minutes that you wish to include on your entry. Once you have added your time, you can either click Add to add the time as a new completed timesheet entry. Optionally you can click on the Start New Timer which will start a running clock to capture your time while you are working on something. If you forgot to start the timer when you started your work, add the time to the hours and minutes fields prior to starting the new timer.
- Existing Entries
- View and browse existing timesheet entries and the total time spent for selected days
- There are a number of entities which can be automatically associated to a Timesheet entry. When you are viewing one of these entities in the main window, this will show at the top of the Right Hand Panel. Entities include Documents, Service Manager Requests, and Projects
In Context on Entities
Where Timesheet is used in applications on Hornbill, the time recording feature will be available to be used (where configured in the individual app) against the individual entities themselves (request actions, tasks, emails etc).
The time recording feature will present:
- A Play Button - To start an automated recording of time
- When automated time recording is enabled, it is not possible to manually override this, without first pausing the timer
- Use the pause icon to pause the time
- A Clock Button - Use this option to manually record (hours, minutes, seconds)
- Pick a category and subcategory to record the time against (if a default category/subcategory is set for this entity action, the category/subcategory will be preset (but can be manually changed if desired)
- If no default category/subcategory is defined, the whole feature will appear in orange, and the user will need to manually select the category/subcategory
- Use the Green tick button to record the time
Apps Timesheet is available in
Timesheet is available to be used in the following apps on Hornbill.
- Email - Record time spent composing emails from shared mailboxes, and on the sending of the emails, have the time spent recorded automatically in the users timesheet.
- Activities - Record the time spent in completing activities through the Days / Hours / Minutes time spent feature of an activity and have the time recorded automatically in the users timesheet.
- Requests - Record time directly against a request
- Activities - Record the time spent in completing request activities through the Days / Hours / Minutes time spent feature of a request activity and have the time recorded automatically in the users timesheet
- Request Actions - Record the time spent in completing request actions, and have the time recorded automatically in the users timesheet.
- Configuration options exist to enable or disable the ability to record time per action type, per request type and per service.
- Update, email, resolve, attach, phone, document, cancel, workaround, schedule, change customer, connections
- Timesheet provides a feature per request to provide:
- Total Time Recorded in Timesheet Manager per request
- Graphical representation of the amount of time recorded against the different Categories / sub categories per request
- Projects - Record time directly against a project
- Tasks - Record the time spent in completing project tasks through the Days / Hours / Minutes time spent feature of a project task and have the time recorded automatically in the users timesheet
- Timesheet provides a feature per project to provide
- Total Time Recorded in Timesheet Manager per project
- Graphical representation of the amount of time recorded against the different Categories / sub categories per project
- Documents - Record time directly against a document
- Suppliers - Record time directly against a supplier
Administration of Categories and Sub Categories
Categories and subcategories are managed in the admin console Timesheet Categories
Manage Default Categories
Having defined the Categories/subcategories needed, and having applied the configuration as to which users and teams have visibility to use those options, it is possible to map each Category and or Sub Category to common actions and action types in the different line of business apps on the Hornbill platform.
Applying default categories provides a number of different benefits:
- User's don't have to pick a category each time they want to record time in different apps and whilst performing different actions
- The recording of time and the ability to more accurately report against time recorded will be more accurate, as users are not asked to choose the category/sub-category
It is possible to set default categories / Sub Categories for the following actions
- Request Actions
- Add Contact
- Users can still manually opt to to override the default and manually select a category/subcategory
- If no default category/subcategory is defined, when the user is recording time via the plugin, the time recording feature will display orange and a category can be manually selected by the user