Public Sector Cloud-based Notifications Service
The GOV.UK Notify Cloud Automation operations for Hornbill allow you to automate the sending of SMS messages, emails and physical letters through the GOV.UK Notify service.
GOV.UK Notify is a Premium Integration
In order to integrate with GOV.UK Notify, you will first need to configure, and securely store the authentication credentials for the GOV.UK Notify Account/s you want to use with the Hornbill App. You can configure your GOV.UK Notify account authentication in KeySafe, as below.
- In Administration, navigate to System > Security > KeySafe;
- Select on + and select GOV.UK Notify;
- Give the GOV.UK Notify KeySafe a Title (this is the name/identifier for the GOV.UK Notify API Key as you will see it when using the Integration Call node in your business process or custom button);
- Optionally populate the Description field;
- Provide a GOV.UK Notify API Key in the API Key field. You can find more information on how to generate API Keys in the GOV.UK Notify documentation;
- Select Create Key to save.
Once you have created your Keysafe key, you can then use it to authenticate your GOV.UK Notify Cloud Automation operations.
If at any point you wish to revoke your Hornbill instances access to GOV.UK Notify, just select the relevant key in your Keysafe list and hit the Trash Can button to delete it
NOTE: This will revoke the rights of any existing GOV.UK Notify Integration Calls in your Business Processes/Custom Buttons/Auto Tasks/Runbooks that are using the revoked GOV.UK Notify Account, so you will need to edit these accordingly.
Cloud Automation Operations
- Get Status
- Send Email
- Send Letter
- Send SMS
Read more about using Cloud Automations from the Related Articles section, and learn how to work with input and output parameters for each of the GOV.UK Notify operations.
If you have any questions regarding the GOV.UK Notify Keysafe Key or Operations, please visit the Hornbill Community Forums.