Solarwinds IT monitoring and management tools are built for SysAdmins and network engineers who need powerful and affordable tools.
Solarwinds is a Premium Integration
In order to integrate with Concept Evolution, you will first need to ...
To do this...
Once the application has been registered, you will need to note the information you need to create a key in the Hornbill Keysafe (see second image to the right).
Once the Hornbill account has been registered in your Solarwinds instance, you will need to configure and securely store the authentication credentials for the Solarwinds instance and Accounts you want to use with the Hornbill App.
Configure your Solarwinds account authentication in KeySafe in order to use the Solarwinds options.
In the admin console > System > Security > KeySafe
- Select on + and select Solarwinds option
- Give the Solarwinds KeySafe a Title (this is the name / identifier for the Solarwinds account as you will see it when using the Integration Call node in your business process)
- Optionally add a description
- Client Id - The value of Client ID / Application ID provided when you registered Hornbill in Solarwinds
- Authorise URL - The value Authorize URL provided when you registered Hornbill in Solarwinds
- Access URL - The Application Access URL: https://abcd.def.cds.com/oauth/token where yourinstancename should be replaced by your Solarwinds instance name
- Response Type - Set this to code
- API Endpoint - The Solarwinds API endpoint for your instance: https://abcd.def.cds.com/api/v1 where yourinstancename should be replaced by your Solarwinds instance name
- Select Create Key to save
- Select Connect
- Login with your username and password and authorise the Hornbill App to use the Solarwinds account (ensure the user account has the appropriate rights to perform the Solarwinds actions).
Managing Solarwinds Configurations
- Use KeySafe to create, store and enable integrations with multiple Solarwinds accounts for use in your business processes
- From the Keysafe List, select an Solarwinds account, and use the Trash Can to permanently delete it, or the Revoke Access option to remove access rights but retain the configuration and option to connect again later
- Note, this will remove the rights of any existing Solarwinds Integration Calls in your business processes, which are using the now deleted Solarwinds Account, so you will need to edit your business processes accordingly.
Once you have your Solarwinds Account Authorised, you're all set to use it with the Integration Call in your business processes. The following options are now available for you to use with Solarwinds:
- Acknowledge Event : Acknowledge a Solarwinds event
Read more about using the Integration Call from the Related Articles section, and learn how to work with input and output parameters for each of the Solarwinds options.