|Home > Administration > Reports||Index|
Reports are used to collect specific data for your reporting needs. The reports in Hornbill are a point in time, meaning that the data is accurate at the point when the report is run. These types of reports are best used for reporting on lists of data. There are various different options with reports which will be explored in more detail below. Reports can be created in various formats and can be scheduled for distribution to documents in Document Manager or by email.
Each Hornbill application will have its own Report List. These can be accessed by browsing the Admin tool starting at Home -> Applications and then selecting the application that you with to report on. A Reports card will displayed if reporting is available for the app.
- A filter allows you to located reports that you have already created.
- Create New Report
- This option start the process of creating a new report
- Delete Selected
- This option will only be available when one or more reports have been selected within the Report List
Creating and Editing a Report
By either selecting the Create New Report or by clicking on the name of an existing report from within your Report List, you are presented with the options to define your report.
- Once the name of the report has been entered within the Report Details, the save option will become available. For both new and existing reports, they must be saved before you can run the report.
- Copy Report As
- This allows you to create a copy of this report and add it to your list of reports under a different name. This option is only available after the new report has been saved for the first time.
- This starts a manual running of the report. The results of the Run are added to the Report History. This option will not be available when there are unsaved changes on a report. It will also not be available while a report generation is already running.
- Download a definition file for the report. This allows you to share a report definition with another Hornbill instance. This option is only available after the new report has been saved for the first time.
- Upload a definition file for the report. This allows you to take a report that has been shared with you and upload it to your Hornbill instance. Uploading a definition file will overwrite any settings that you have previously set for that report, including the name.
- The name of the report. This is displayed in the list of reports as well has providing the default title on the report output.
- Use this area to describe the report
- Report Output Type
- Report Using
- SQL Schema Designer
- Report Entity
- Report Measure
- Report Status
- Select Tables
- Report Output Formats
- Report Layout
- Header Options
- Report Table Options
- Report Chart Options
- Additional Data Formats
- Report Schedule
Reports can be created based on Entities, Measures or by using the SQL Schema Designer.
Reports are output by default in PDF format. In the Output Formats section you can also choose to output the report in the following additional formats
When creating reports, the max row limit is set by default on instances to 1000, this can be increased to a maximum of 25000 rows using the following system setting (Home - System - Settings - Advanced):
The only exception to this is for the creation of PDF reports output, this is limited to the following max outputs:
- reporting.display.maxcolumns = 20
If either of these limits are exceeded when trying to generate a PDF output, the PDF generation will fail. PDF reports can only be generated on in A4 format (either portrait or landscape). Because of this restriction, there could be a scenario where not all included columns will be visible in a PDF report, depending on the data contained in these columns. In this scenario, we can only advise reducing the number of columns or opting for a different output type.
Generation of CSV, XLS, XLSX adhere to the maximum row limit you have set on your instance under the following system setting: api.xmlmc.queryExec.maxResultsAllowed
Please also note that any hidden columns will only be excluded from the visual PDF output, with the data being included in the CSV, XLS and XLSX outputs. If you do not wish the data to be included in these output formats, the column should be removed from the report.
As well as running reports manually, you can also schedule the reports to run and be distributed on definable intervals: Scheduling Reports.
Full schema information and table descriptions can be found in the Application entity viewer located in Hornbill Administration: Click here for more info