Different types of projects exist and may have differing characteristics, underlying processes and requirements. In order to cater for this, it is possible when creating a new Project to assign it a specific type of project.
Create and Manage Project Types
You can create one or more Project Types and attribute them the following attributes by selecting the + icon
- The name for the type of project
- An explanation describing the type of project
- Business Process
- It is not mandatory to have a Business Process associated to a project type, but if one if required, select it from the available drop down list.
- If no business process is selected, no Head's Up Display will be shown on the Project Overview tab on the Project
- Each type can be in Draft, Active or Retired status. Only those types in an Active status will be available to choose when creating a new Project
When Project Manager is installed a default project type of Standard Project Type is automatically created and available, but does not have a business process associated to it. Additional Project Type attributes will be added in due course
Managing Project Types
- Edit - Use the pencil icon to edit the project types name, description, business process or status
- Delete - Permanently delete the project type by choosing the trash can icon next to the project type you wish to delete