Project Dependencies are things which you expect to be true but may not have the evidence to support it. Project Dependencies could be events or circumstances which you expect to occur in the lifecycle of a project
Adding dependencies to a project
Use the + icon to add a new dependency to the project
- Dependancy: Provide a name for the dependancy
- Description: Provide details for the dependancy
- Actions: Provide any actions to the dependancy
- Critical Date: Assign any critical date for the dependancy
- Type: Assign a dependancy type
- Priority: Assign a priority to the dependancy
- Owned By: Assign the dependancy an owner (from project members)
- Status: Assign the dependancy a status to reflect it's current state.
Use the Add button to add the project dependency
Managing dependencies on a project
Open an existing dependency by clicking on the dependency from the dependency list view
- Status: Alter the status of the dependancy to indicate if it is still open or closed
- Audit: All changes to the dependancy will be recorded in the audit log.
- Delete: Delete an dependancy by using the trash can icon on each dependancy view
View project dependency, by their name, status, critical date, type and owner
- Click on a dependency to edit it's properties
- Search the project dependency from the Search field
- The search will look for a match with the dependency name
When project dependencies are added, edited or removed this is audited and written to the audit trail tab of the overall project as well as against the audit tab on each Dependency, where it can reviewed.
Manage the dependency types and priorities options via the following simple lists in the admin console.
- Project Dependency Types
- Project Dependency Priorities