The Portal Accounts are used to configure the security access for a portal. There are two included Portal Accounts that are preconfigured and ready for use. One for the Customer Portal, and another for the Service Portal. Providing individual access to Contacts is done from within the Guest Accounts. While there is the ability to edit these and create new Portal Accounts, no configuration is required in order to enable the Customer or Service Portals.
Customer Portal Account
The Customer Portal Account provides access to the customer facing portal (customer.hornbill.com/yourinstance). The Customer Portal is accessed by people that are external to your business. Accounts for these users are the contact records that are created and managed within Hornbill and Hornbill Customer Manager.
- Portal ID
- The unique ID for the Customer Portal account. This will be used by the portal customer.hornbill.com to retrieve account and security information
- Display Name for the Customer Portal account
- The application associated to this account
- Description of this account
- Select the default language for this Portal Account. The default is set to English (British)
- Time Zone
- Select the time zone for this Portal Account. The default is set to (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
- Date Time Format
- Set the Date/Time format for this Portal Account. The default is set to 2020-02-21 16:10:30
- Date Format
- Set the Date format for this Portal Account. The default is set to 2020-02-21
- Currency Symbol
- Set the Currency Symbol. The default is set to £.
- Time Format
- Set the time format. The default is set to 23:30:35.
- Single Sign on Profile
- Single Sign Profiles can be created and used for authentication when connecting to the Customer Portal
- Anonymous Role
- Hornbill System Role for anonymous access
- Authorized Role
- Hornbill System Role for authorized guest access
- Session Timeout
- The amount of time that this account can be left before the session is timed out. The default is 900 seconds (15 minutes)
- Options for contact registration
- Allows contacts to register themselves on this portal
- A new visitor to the customer portal will be able to register themselves and provide initial access to the Customer Portal
- Allows contacts to reset their own password
- Following registration, a temporary generated password may be provided to the contact. Enabling this will allow the contact to then create there own passord.
- Authorization required for new registrations
- Select this option if you require any registration to be authorized before allowing them to login.
The Contact Access list shows the contacts or Guest Accounts that have been associated to the Customer Portal Account.
- Add Contact
- Add an existing contact to the Customer Portal Account
- Set Access
- Change the access that a contact has to the Customer Portal
- Remove Access
- Selecting this will remove the contact from the Customer Portal Account
- Set the contact to be approved for access to the Customer Portal. This is automatically set when a contact is manually added to the Customer Portal Account
- Temporarily suspend a contacts access to the Customer Portal. A contact can be automatically set to suspended after multiple failed password attempts.
Service Portal Account
The Service Portal Account provides access to the user facing portal (http://service.hornbill.com/yourinstance) . The Service Portal is accessed by people that are internal to your business. Accounts for these users are provided as standard or basic Users accounts.