Libraries represent an important way of maximising the knowledge in your business by sharing information. You can define multiple libraries, and document owners can publish their documents to those libraries.
This is how it works. Everyone has their own personal library, called My Library. This is where you can upload your documents. You automatically become the owner of every document that you upload, but you can change the owner after it is uploaded. My Library is not just a list of uploaded documents – there are many things you can do with each document. You can:-
- Share it – you can give access to the document to other co-workers
- Comment on it – this will be added to the document’s own activity stream, and will appear in the News Feed of people sharing this doc
- Upload a new version – you can see older versions
- Download it
- Lock/Unlock – this temporarily prevents other users to whom you have given write access from amending the doc
- Change its status – from Draft to Active to Retired
- Delete – permanently remove the document from the system
You can also Publish documents to other libraries, which are created by an administrator. You can only Publish an Active document. Lastly you can tag documents. This means adding as many labels as you like to a document, from a tag list that is defined for your organisation by an Administrator. This allows you to search for similar documents, by their tag, using the global search bar.