Connects to a directory service that supports the LDAP protocol in order to extract a list of devices to be discovered. A recursive search is performed from the specified LDAP root retrieving resources with the attribute objectClass set to "computer". Additional search criteria can be provided via the use of standard search strings.
Discovery Mode Settings
- LDAP Server
- The hostname, FQDN or IP address of the server where the Directory Service is hosted.
- LDAP Root Directory
- The distinguished name specifying the starting location from within the directory, if blank then the entire directory will be scanned.
- LDAP Filter
- Standard LDAP search criteria
- LDAP Credentials
- Account details created in the Hornbill Keysafe of type Username + Password or LDAP authentication, if not supplied then anonymous access will be attempted. The account used must have the required read permission to access the Directory.
- Admin Credentials
- Account details created in the Hornbill Keysafe of type Username + Password, if not supplied then the Windows NT Service Account used for the SIS will be used. In both cases, the account used must have the required read permission to access Active Directory and administrative rights to access the retrieved devices.