If you are looking to evaluate Hornbill or you are just starting with your new instance, this page will provide information on how to get started.
Book a Live Demo
Schedule a demo with one of the team who will be happy to provide you with a concise overview of Hornbill. We will take you through the key features while demonstrating its ease of use and provide the opportunity for you to ask any questions that you may have.
Hornbill's LiftOff Implementation
Hornbill’s LiftOff Implementation Package is the perfect way to get up and running with your essential disciplines. The fixed price and fixed scope package include best-practice templates to get you up and running on Case, Query, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, and Service Request Management. Our Product Specialists use a tried and tested approach to both rapid Requirements Capture and Easy Delivery as part of a collaborative plan to ensure you gain maximum knowledge and attain self-sufficiency. Learn more about our Implementation approach.
Our Hornbill YouTube Channel contains a library of videos that provide an overview of how to perform some of the tasks and activities to get Hornbill up and running and how to use some of the features.
Hornbill is 100% web browser-based. There is no need to install anything to get started.
- The following web browsers are supported
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer – Version 11 (best endevour, see note below)
- Google Chrome - The latest version in the Chrome Stable Release Channel
- Firefox - The latest version in the Release Channel
- iOS Safari - The latest version
Microsoft's IEx browser series has been a continuous burden on companies moving their applications into a browser. Internet Explorer right up to IE11 has failed to get close to any of the commonly accepted standards and as a result, has driven the need for a lot of "workarounds and IE-specific fixes". Finally, after many years, Microsoft has given up on their failing browser strategy and have adopted Chromium as the basis for their new browsers, and as a result have subsequently announced their dropping of support for IE11, introducing Microsoft Edge/Chrome which is a far better browser
From our point of view, much of our existing code continues to work with IE11 but we are no longer actively developing/targeting that browser. We are not purposefully breaking what is already working, but future developments may or may not work with IE11, we will no longer be doing any "IE11-specific coding". We encourage our customers to choose from one of the other modern browsers, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox are all very good contenders as an alternative to the dated IE11 browser.
Hornbill has a number of different entry points. These are split between administration, the main user portal which is used for collaboration and access to applications, mobile access, and portals for customers.
- This portal is primarily used by your System Administrator for carrying out the administrative tasks to configure your instance. All system settings, User account management, email configuration, BPM Workflow, and Progressive Capture configuration is contained and amended here.
- URL - https://admin.hornbill.com/<yourinstancename>
- This is the main portal for Users to get access to collaboration and the applications that are installed on Hornbill.
- URL - https://live.hornbill.com/<yourinstancename>
- Available through the Android and iOS app stores. Used by application and collaboration users.
- Customer Portal
- Designed to facilitate an external support function and is accessed by IT Support consumers external to your Organisation.
- Customer Portal
- URL - https://customer.hornbill.com/<yourinstancename>
- Service Portal
- Designed to facilitate an internal Support function, this is where members of your staff will access the IT Services that you offer.
- Service Portal
- URL - https://service.hornbill.com/<yourinstancename>
- How do I find out the name of my Cloud Instance?
- If the Cloud instance was registered by you, you can refer to the automated email sent to you at the time of registration.
- If someone else in your company registered the Cloud instance, they should be able to provide this.
- Still not sure? Please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com