FSI Concept Evolution
FSI Concept Evolution is a completely web-based Computer Aided Facilities Management solution.
FSI Concept Evolution is a Premium Integration
FSI Concept Evolution Configuration
In order to integrate with Concept Evolution, you will first need to ...
To do this...
Once the application has been registered, you will need to note the information you need to create a key in the Hornbill Keysafe (see second image to the right).
Once the Hornbill account has been registered in your fsi instance, you will need to configure and securely store the authentication credentials for the fsi instance and Accounts you want to use with the Hornbill App.
Configure your fsi account authentication in KeySafe in order to use the fsi options.
In the admin console > System > Security > KeySafe
- Select on + and select fsi option
- Give the fsi KeySafe a Title (this is the name / identifier for the fsi account as you will see it when using the Integration Call node in your business process)
- Optionally add a description
- Client Id - The value of Client ID / Application ID provided when you registered Hornbill in fsi
- Authorise URL - The value Authorize URL provided when you registered Hornbill in fsi
- Access URL - The Application Access URL: https://abcd.def.cds.com/oauth/token where yourinstancename should be replaced by your fsi instance name
- Response Type - Set this to code
- API Endpoint - The fsi API endpoint for your instance: https://abcd.def.cds.com/api/v1 where yourinstancename should be replaced by your fsi instance name
- Select Create Key to save
- Select Connect
- Login with your username and password and authorise the Hornbill App to use the fsi account (ensure the user account has the appropriate rights to perform the fsi actions).
Managing fsi Configurations
- Use KeySafe to create, store and enable integrations with multiple fsi accounts for use in your business processes
- From the Keysafe List, select an fsi account, and use the Trash Can to permanently delete it, or the Revoke Access option to remove access rights but retain the configuration and option to connect again later
- Note, this will remove the rights of any existing fsi Integration Calls in your business processes, which are using the now deleted fsi Account, so you will need to edit your business processes accordingly.
Once you have your fsi Account Authorised, you're all set to use it with the Integration Call in your business processes. The following options are now available for you to use with fsi:
- Create Task : Create new Task in your fsi instance
Read more about using the Integration Call from the Related Articles section, and learn how to work with input and output parameters for each of the fsi options.