Document Manager is an app that runs on the Hornbill platform that allows Users to manage documents of various types. Documents can be uploaded, created, shared, and collaborated on. Published documents can be added to one or more Libraries which can be available to other Document management users. Document Manager can be quickly installed from the App Store by an Administrator.
My Documents is a place where you can create, upload, view, search and Manage documents. Here you will be able to see your own documents along with the documents that others have shared with you, those you have organised into collections and documents in libraries which you have access to.
Libraries are places where published documents can be provided to a wider audience for reading. The Libraries option lets you create, manage, and share libraries to users. This option is only available to those users that have been provided the Library Manager role.
The Document Tags lets you define tags that can be used on documents to help with searching in the Global Search Bar and Collections in My Documents. View how each tag is trending. This option is only available to those users that have been provided the Library Manager role.
Use the Global Search option to find documents you own or have access too.
- Search by Tag
- Use this option to find documents which have specific tags
- Search by Title / Description
- Use this option to find documents based on matching search terms with the title and or description of documents
A very powerful aspect to Hornbill is the ability of the different Apps to work together. Below are some of these plug-ins between Document Manager and other Hornbill Apps
Plug-ins to other Apps
- Service Manager
- When viewing and working on requests in Service Manager, use the Document action item to search for and link documents to requests.
- Customer Manager
- When viewing Organisation records and or Service Contracts, use the Document option to search for and link documents to organisations and service contracts
- Project Manager
- When viewing Projects in Project Manager, use the Documents option to search for and link documents to projects
- Automate the linking of documents to other entities on Hornbill as part of business processes - for example link a document to a request in Service Manager