Any individual that belongs to an external organisation who you wish to interact with during the delivery of a service will be stored in Hornbill as Contact records. Contact records would typically be associated to an Organisation record. Contacts can be configured to use the Customer Portal for profile management and use of application features designed to allow for communication between you and your contacts.
Contacts can be added using the + New Contact button
- Complete the mandatory fields, and any optional fields including linking them to an existing organisation. Select Create to add the contact.
- Add a contact directly from an Organization record
- Individual Contacts can register themselves using Guest Access when logging in for the first time
- As contacts are added, they will appear in the Contacts list
- You can configure the available display columns in the list to show the information that is important to you using the Cog Icon
- Click on a specific contact record to view more information about that contact
- Click on a contact's email address to launch the email composer to send an email from a shared mailbox you have access too.
- See which contact's have a portal account enabled.
- Quick Fllter Use to easily find a specific contact record, searching against their First Name, Surname, Email Address or Organization they are associated too.
- Advanced Filter - Select the Funnel icon to expose additional search filters, including Job Title, Email, and Phone number
- Archived - Use the File Box icon to filter the list of contact's to those which have been marked as archived
- Export - Use the Download Arrow icon to export the filtered list of contacts
Global Search - with the filter switched to Contact you can search for contacts from any view, and the results will be listed in the Contacts view.
From a contact's record the following options are available to you
- Mark as Private - mark a contact as only being visible to you
- Archive - If a contact is no longer needed, or has left an organization you deal with, mark them as Archived. This will remove them from general contact searches, but will still be accessible from the contact list and Archived contact's option
- Audit History - View all changes and amends which have been made to the contact's record.
Contacts can be configured to use the Customer portal for profile management and use of application features designed for contacts. Portal Access is configured via Hornbill Administration: Home > System > Manage Portals > Guest Accounts
- If a contact has been allocated a portal login, their portal login details will be visible on the contact record
- If Service Manager has also been installed, you can configure what rights the contact has when viewing organisation's requests on the customer portal, via the Organisation record > Requests section > Portal Access option
- Users with the Form Designer role, will be able to add custom fields, hide existing fields, edit their properties, and edit which sections of the contact record, fields are displayed in. This can achieved by dragging and dropping the fields into the required sections. With the Form Designer role, users will see a Design option to go into edit mode.
- View and Manager contact portal access through the admin console > Systems > Manage portals
If customer manager is also installed on your instance, the following features will be available against your contact's
- Activity Stream - Collaborate, post and comment on the contact record
- Notes - Add notes, and schedule call backs
- Activities - Manage activities related to each contact