Workday is a cloud ERP system for finance, HR and planning.
Workday is a Premium Integration
Workday uses an account Username and Password for authentication, alongside your tenant and instance IDs. You will need all 4 to be able to integrate Hornbill with Workday.
Once you have the above information for your Workday instance, you will need to configure and securely store the authentication credentials for the instance you want to use with the Hornbill App.
Configure your Workday account authentication in KeySafe in order to use the Workday options.
In the admin console > System > Security > KeySafe
- Select on + and select Workday option
- Give the Workday KeySafe a Title (this is the identifier for the Workday account as you will see it when using the Integration Call node in your business process)
- Optionally add a description
- Username - The username being used to integrate to Workday
- Password - The password for the above account
- Tenant Name - The Tenant Name for the Workday instance
- Instance ID - The ID of the Workday instance
- Select Create Key to save
Your Keysafe key will then be ready to use in your workflow integrations.
Managing Workday Configurations
- Use KeySafe to create, store and enable integrations with multiple Workday accounts for use in your business processes
- From the Keysafe List, select a Workday account, and use the Trash Can to permanently delete it, or the Revoke Access option to remove access rights but retain the configuration and option to connect again later
- Note, this will remove the rights of any existing Workday Integration Calls in your business processes, which are using the now deleted Workday key, so you will need to edit your business processes accordingly.
Once you have your Workday details in Keysafe, you're all set to use it with the Integration Call in your business processes. The following options are now available for you to use with Workday:
- Change Home Contact Information : Update contact information against an employee
- Change Legal Name : Change the legal name for an employee
- Get Employee : Retrieve employee details
Read more about using the Integration Call from the Related Articles section, and learn how to work with input and output parameters for each of the Workday options.