Service Manager is a powerful next generation IT Service Management application that enables IT teams to collaborate, share ideas, and manage common ITIL disciplines including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Service Level Management.
The Request List is the key area for the day to day management of the queues of requests that have been raised. Each user can use a number of settings to display the information that it most relevant to the way that they work. From the request list, a user can view requests, raise new requests, access their own personal dashboard, and export the list of requests.
The Change Calendar provides a view of the scheduled changes and release packages. This gives an indication of the availability of a change or the possible disruption of a change being implemented.
My Boards is a feature of Service Manager that provides an alternative way to view and manage requests. Each board consists of a number of definable lists that can contain request in the form of a card. These request cards can either be manually added and moved between lists or they can be added and moved automatically through the use of BPM workflows.
- Create a Board
- Share a Board
- Use a Board
- Edit a Board
Asset Management involves the capturing and detailing of information for the assets within your Organization. This includes tracking the ownership, costs, relationships, and life cycle of assets to support the strategic decision making for the IT environment.
In Service Manager, a Service is used to manage and define an area of the Service Desk that fulfills a particular business need for a customer. This is achieved using a combination of service levels, business process workflows, request routing, and subscriptions to each of the services. The number of defined services may range from a single service used to define and manage all IT requests, to a collection of categorized services, with each one providing a particular focus.
- Services List
- Services Access
- Managing a Service
- Request Catalog
A very powerful aspect to Hornbill is the ability of the different Apps to work together. Below are some of these plug-ins between Service Manager and other Hornbill Apps
Service Manager Plug-ins to other Apps
- When viewing an email within a Shared Mailbox, Service Manager adds a plug-in to allow requests to be raised or updated from the email.
- When viewing a Post within a workspace or the Newfeed, you are able to raise a request from the Actions menu which will capture information from the Post and add it to the new request
- When viewing an Organisation with the Customer option of Hornbill a list of requests that have been raised against contacts belonging to that Organisation is displayed.
- The Global Search is a feature of Hornbill that can provide search features for the different installed apps. Service Manager provides a Global Search option for searching the contents of the Requests.
App Plug-ins to Service Manager
- Timesheet Manager
- With Timesheet Manager installed alongside Service Manager, it is possible to record the time spent on request actions and pass the time spent, and action details to Timesheet Manager automatically
- Configuration Manager
- With Configuration Manager installed alongside Service Manager, it is possible to launch the Configuration Item Explorer from Asset, Service and Request views as well as activate activity streams and enable the creation of activities against assets which are flagged as In Policy in Configuration Manager
- Live Chat
- With Service Manager installed alongside Live Chat, it is possible to raise requests from a chat session directly linking the request to all of the valuable information captured in the chat session.
Hornbill may introduce new features in an experimental state, customers can choose to enable, use and provide feedback on these features. These features are subject to change and or removal.