Project Manager allows Project Managers and stakeholders to raise and manage their projects. Bring together scheduling, resources, project plans, tasks, costs, and much more to plan and manage your projects. With the use of the Hornbill's Business Process Manager, build projects that follow anything from a simple workflow to a industry standard Project Management processes.
- The project portfolio provides a list of the active projects that you are a stakeholder in. Projects where you are not either the Project Manager or a Stakeholder will not be available from this view unless you have the Project Portfolio Manager role which grants visibility to all projects in the portfolio.
- The Overview Tab give a stakeholder a quick view of the current state of the Project. At a glance, you are able to see the milestones, the tasks being worked on, and some key Project information.
- The Project Details provides information about the project's purpose and scope. View this information to know more about the goals of the project.
- Milestones are key points in a project, they can be used to indicate if the project work is on track to meet the completion date for the project.
- Tasks are a key aspect of all projects. Plan, schedule and assign tasks that are required to fulfil your project.
- View and Analyse Project Resources
- Associate related entities to the project and define how they are related. It is possible to relate Change and Release Requests, Services and Configuration Items if the Service Manager Application is also installed on your instance.
- Add and manage project risks
- Understanding and managing the costs associated with with a project is an important consideration. Associate estimated and actual costs to the project
- Manage the members of the project, assign roles and give them access to your projects and have them available to be assigned project tasks.
- The Document option is part of the Document Manager Plug-in to Project Manager. See Project Manager Plug-ins
- Upload attachments relevant to your project
- The activity stream is a notification mechanism and conversation space for the project. It lists project relevant discussions for the project stakeholders, and allows them to collaborate on it's content.
- The audit history records all adds, edits or deletions for project entities such as milestones, tasks, risks, costs and stakeholders
A very powerful aspect to Hornbill is the ability of the different Apps to work together. Below are some of these plug-ins between Project Manager and other Hornbill Apps
- Service Manager
- With Service Manager installed, Project Stakeholders can relate Requests, Assets and Services to Projects. In order to use this feature, Project Manager users will require a Service Manager subscription.
- Using Hornbill's Integration Bridge (iBridge) you can raise a new Project from a business process running against a Service Manager request. This is useful if you want to allow users to submit project requests via the self service portals using Service Manager's catalog items and then from the request, if the project is validated / approved a new project can be automatically raised using the iBridge options and invoking Project Templates and or passing in request variables to the new Project.
- Document Manager
- With Document Manager installed, Project Stakeholders can search for and relate documents they have access to with the projects.