Hornbill Service Parameters
“Service Parameters” are defined in the Hornbill Terms of service as: the system resources and any other parameters or limits of the SaaS Service.
These are set out below:
RTO (Recovery Time Objective)
- RTO in the event that the Hornbill DR plan is triggered
- Emergency response to assess level of damage, decide whether to invoke the plan and at what level, to notify staff etc. (to be completed within 1 – 2 business hours of the disaster)
- Provision of an emergency level of service (within 4 business hours of the disaster)
- Restoration of key services ( within 8 business hrs of the disaster)
- Recovery to business as normal. (within one week of the disaster)
- RTO in the event that a specific instance requires to be restored from backup
Emergency level of Service is to ensure our customers and their customers can use the Hornbill Services and applications with minimal disruption. To this end all Applications and databases will be restored however file attachments (Associated with Emails, Workspaces, Document manager or Requets) might not be available, search functionality will be limited.
Restoration of Key services will be to provide the customer with a fully working system and no difference than what they had before the DR plan was activated. All Applications, Databases, File Attachments and functionality restored.
Recovery to business as Normal would only ever be needed should a true Disaster occur. This would include the total loss of 1 or more data centers AND Hornbill offices at the same time. The Recovery to business as Normal would ensure that all Hornbill services (both customer facing and internal) were fully restored).
RPO (Recover Point Objective)
This represents the 'Maximum Data Loss Time Period': RPO is a maximum of 24 hours (last 23:00 backup) However Hornbill aims for 15 minutes.
Data Retention Period
The period of time by which Hornbill will retain data is set to 30 days.
Customer Data Download Notice
The period of notice required from the customer in respect to getting a copy of the customers data; this is defined as 14 days.
Customer Data Download Frequency
The frequency with which the customer can request a copy of their data at no additional cost: is set to (1) once per 90 day period.
Hornbill Storage Allocation
Each Hornbill instance is provisioned with 30GB of storage as standard.
Each Hornbill instance is provisioned with 2 Shared Hornbill Mailboxes as standard.