FreshBooks is a cloud-based accounting software service designed for owners of the types of small client-service businesses that send invoices to clients and get paid for their time and expertise
Keep your customers up to date with what is happening in Hornbill and tickets in real time with the Hornbill iBridge integration to FreshBooks.
In order to integrate with FreshBooks, you will first need to configure, and securely store the authentication credentials for the FreshBooks Account/s you want to use with the Hornbill App.
Configure your FreshBooks account authentication in KeySafe in order to use the FreshBooks options.
In the admin console > System > Security > KeySafe
- Select on + and select FreshBooks
- The Sub Type is automatically set to use OAuth2
- Give the FreshBooks KeySafe a Title (this is the name / identifier for the FreshBooks account as you will see it when using the Integration Call node in your business process)
- Optionally add a description
- Select Create Key
- Click on Connect to open OAuth authentication window
- Enter your Email and Password then login
Managing FreshBooks Configurations
- Use KeySafe to create, store and enable integrations with multiple FreshBooks accounts for use in your business processes
Once you have your FreshBooks Account Authorised, your all set to use it with the Integration Call in your business processes. The following options are now available for you to use with FreshBooks:
- Client Create, Client Delete, Client Get, Client Update
- Expense Create, Expense Delete, Expense Get
- Invoice Add Payment, Invoice Create, Invoice Delete, Invoice Get, Invoice Mark as Sent, Invoice Update
Read more about using the Integration Call from the Related Articles section, and learn how to work with input and out parameters for each of the FreshBooks options.
In this example, we will take you through the configuration of the FreshBooks integration and how to automatically create an expense in FreshBooks from Hornbill. We'll need to specify using KeySafe the FreshBooks authentication details and authorize the Hornbill app to utilize this account.
Through the business process designer we can then use the Integration Call node to decide where and how we want to utilize the FreshBooks integration, configuring the input parameters on each occasion, allowing if required to use different FreshBooks Accounts via different KeySafe configurations and different types of updates through the specific input parameters on each Integration Call node.