Document Manager Roles
On the installation of Document Manager a number of default roles are included.
All users of the Hornbill Platform, regardless of the application, must possess the "Collaboration Role". To use, and interact with, the Hornbill Document Manager app, a user must also be allocated one of the app-specific roles listed below. If the need arises, it is possible to create custom roles to suit a specific requirement.
- Docmanager Admin
- This user can change ownership of documents and libraries
- Docmanager Library User
- This user can add, view and edit documents within the document manager application and also also create and manage libraries and tags
- Docmanager User
- This user can add, view and edit documents within the document manager application
- Docmanager Portal
- This Role gives access to Document Manager for Portal Accounts (guest and basic user) who are able to view documents and libraries
If you've been using Document Manager prior to build 332, it is likely that you'll have the following roles associated to some of your users. If you are currently using these roles please replace them with the appropriate "Docmanager" role.
- MyLibrary Manager
- Any user with this role has access to the Document Manager Application and can Manage Tags and Libraries
- MyLibrary User
- Any user with this role has access to the Document Manager Application
- MyLibrary Portal
- This role can be used to make Libraries available in the Hornbill portals
An administrator can change existing roles or set up new ones as the process requires.