The Configuration Manager app consists of a Configuration Item (CI) list and a graphical explorer used for browsing related CIs. These tools are used to configure and visualize your CMDB.
Hornbill's Configuration Manager App has been published as a Beta App as we are looking to solicit feedback on what features and functionality you, our customers feel are required to take this to the next stage in its evolution.
Once the Hornbill Configuration Manager App is made available for subscription, the pricing plan for the App will be based on the number of CI's 'In Policy' with the first 250 free and any additional CI's charged at 15p per CI per month.* This is subject to potential changes.
As a contributor under the beta program, at the point we take the Hornbill Configuration Manager App out of Beta and introduce a subscriptions, you will be issued with a Hornbill Configuration Manager Beta Program Voucher. This voucher offers you a recurring monthly credit to the value of a further 750 In Policy CI's meaning that you get to manage 1000 CI's for free going forward before you have to add in any additional CI's at a cost. Thats just our way to thank you for the feedback and guidance you will provide in shaping the future of this amazing new Hornbill App.
Configuration Manager allows you to manage different Configuration Items in Hornbill. Configuration Items are:
Configuration Item Policy List
The CI Policy List is accessed when selecting Configuration Manager from the application bar. The CI List offers the following features
- CI Type selector: Filter the list by Service or Asset, if selecting Asset, filter the list further by Asset Class and Type
- Filter: Search for a specific CI
- Policy Filter: Show all CI's, those in and out of Policy
Configuration Item Explorer
The CI Explorer provides a graphical representation of associated or linked CIs. The CI Explorer can be opened from the CI List or by using on of the Configuration Manager plug-ins.
A Plug-in is a small piece of functionality provided by one Hornbill app which is integrated into another Hornbill app
- Request Form - Launch the CI Explorer directly from any request form. This will put the request as the focus of the explorer and allow you to visualize the related CIs associated to this request.
- Asset Form - Launch the CI Explorer directly from any asset form. This will put the asset as the focus of the explorer and allow you to visualize the related CIs to this asset
- Services Form - Launch the CI Explorer directly from any Service form. This will put the Service as the focus of the explorer and allow you to visualize the related CIs to this
- Asset Timeline - Assets marked as In Policy will have a timeline enabled for collaborating on the Asset
- Asset Activities - Assets marked as In Policy will have activities enabled, allowing for the scheduling of activities such as reviews, maintenance, patching etc